Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home Maker


I can't help but notice the word "Home Maker" being used instead of "House Wife" these days..I should admit that this gives a new perspective to the way married women a who stay at home are viewed ...I was one of the "founding members of women's lib(??) association of this century ) during my early years (not that I am in my sixties now ). I always had the idea that women were born to achieve..."achievement" to me was to climb up the corporate ladder in a pace unforeseeable .I had a lot of hyper-successful people around me even as I grew up. I assumed that family , husband, kids would go on in an auto-pilot mode . I would attribute this more to the outlook of the outside world these days with the emphasis laid more and more on the financial and material aspects of life.

Marriage turned everything upside down (thanks to my husband) and I realised that women are distinct NOT because of their ability to become over night "Vice Presidents" but the completeness that they bring to the family. It is the women (in my opinion ) who are genetically programmed to bring(perhaps shower!!!) the "warmth" to her kid ..Husbands are truly great supporters but can never play the lead role in a family in creating the bond and keeping it intact with its natural fragrance .I have quit my job to take care of my toddler girl and am enjoying completely whatever this phase of my life has to offer me . I can now truly appreciate the phrase "Home Maker" and that there is nothing "uncomfortable" in calling ourselves so.

I will definitely return back to work after a few years once my daughter is able to manage(fully/partly) on her own..only with a slight difference ..The urgency to make it to the top of the organisation in the shortest possible span of time would have faded away and I would enjoy my slow and steady professional journey together with the satisfaction of contributing to my family as a "woman".

allvoices

3 comments:

Dany said...

Thnx for visiting my site

Dany said...

and yes women are superior :)

Vidhya Rajesh said...

I like the way you start each post with an apt cartoon :D ...
It comes as a surprise to know that you once were a "Corporate ladder climber" :D .... Guess in the short while i knew you, i did not get that impression out of you - always thought you were more of a "home maker" type :) ....
You are absolutely right - the word "home maker" suits women to the T and it is a honor to be called one ...