Sunday, December 16, 2007

Me the Blogger!!!!!

It has been a few months since I started blogging and I now want to halt for a moment, take a deep breath and aggregate all my impressions and ideas about bloggers and blogging. I started blogging mainly because I did not know what else to do.

I was inspired by another blogger ,whom I accidentally bumped into, during one of the social gatherings. I did not have even the slightest inkling as to whether “blogging” was my cup of tea . Still I garnered all my courage to start one . Only because , if at all it becomes a “flop show” I can silently slip off into obscurity before anyone could take a notice. Of course I have stumbled upon a lot of web logs with no activity since stone age times.

After posting my first blog, I can still recollect the waves of excitement that pervaded all over me and thousands of butterflies that fluttered by , in my tummy. Somehow I had thought that the moment my post invades the world wide web, I would have thousands of avid readers flocking my blog spot and my comments section throwing a “comments overflow and out of space ” problem.

Little had I realised then, that web-logging world is a world on its own with innumerable versatile creators. I have been completely floored on reading some exceptionally good blogs which have touched unspoken realms of “out-of-the-box” thinking . I might not be able to emulate them all , but I do not intend to make a hasty retreat and hide myself.

I read this quote somewhere:

Well, there are more writers of blogs right now than there are readers, so that's clearly a vanity phenomenon - John Doerr

I do not agree with this at all . Every blogger has his/her own “free-will” to find an expression to his/her views and showcase it to the world. I think web -logging world is a network on its own which crosses all geographic boundaries and people from such varied backgrounds are able to exchange their opinions and ideas. This is so much of an open forum to express one’s thoughts either as short articles, prose, poetry ,pictures ,stories or even paintings.

In some cases I find web logs are more of an outlet of the author’s inner perceptions. In a few other cases they are not exactly a representation of the blogger’s true nature or thoughts , nevertheless in the end the blog turns out to be an interesting piece of read. In my observation the most popular ones are those that are soaked in comedy

Also how true these words are:
Whether your intended audience is large of small, public or private, you now have some extra motivation for writing as frequently and as well as you can. Knowing that someone is reading your side, you will unconsciously seek to express yourself a little more clearly and will likely be anxious to maintain a fairly steady publication schedule.
Rebecca Blood

I thank all those of you who have been giving me your encouragement and support to pursue this interest of mine .

allvoices

10 comments:

Dreamzz said...

/In some cases I find web logs are more of an outlet of the author’s inner perceptions//
athe athe!
nice post!
Cheers! for the bloggers who make it!

Priya said...

Less readers definitely makes hard for many. I think comments alone is not into blogging, its how you express and like to write. Keep writing when time permits.

Anonymous said...

i like it :)
nice combo of deep thoughts with subtle sense of humor.

Kumar said...

That's quite an insight into blogging...the free format for expressing whatever one feels like is an enticing opportunity to write whatever.

Itz me!!! said...

Dreamzz,Kumar and urlongtimefren - thanks a lot for dropping by.Hope all is fine at your end :-)

Priya- Thanks for your comment.

M said...

:) A wonderful post indeed .. well yes most bloggers blog to paint their inner perceptions, aspirations, views or even sometimes just wish to scribble how they see the world , the people, nature what not !

Keep writing as you do .. this is the 1st time i am reading ur blog .. thanks for posting comments in my blog .. i ll follow your from now on ! take care

Merry Xmas and Bakrid !

Sudha said...

I enjoy blogging.It is like a hobby to me.I had done posts with no readers (may be i thought so ,as there were no comments).But the pleasure to write and type articles keeps me moving.So itz not my comment(reader's comment) but itz you(itz me!)that makes the difference to the blogging experience.

Vinesh said...

It is true though that the difference between writers and readers is fast thinning. This especially becomes difficult to balance if you have very little time to spend reading or writing a blog.

Itz me!!! said...

Sudhakar- Thanks for sharing your experience :-)
Vinesh- Hiya...hope you are still experimenting with your culinary skills :-)

Shiva said...

Good dissection! A place to write and freedom express.What else is needed.

Better to go by Gita - "You have right in respect of action alone
Not in respect of its fruits...